Using Events with Block Ability

Hello,

I am trying to trigger an increment on a quest variable every time the player character blocks with the shield. There is an event under the health component named "On Damage Event", however, I could not find something similar to this under the block item ability or the shield item components.

I tried to add an "on collision" script on the shield, however, the shield does not seem to trigger the on collision with the enemy sword. I noticed neither has a rigid body, but it did not trigger anything even when I added a kinematic rigid body to the shield. It does trigger with another type of object, but the enemy sword doesn't. I am guessing the shield collider script takes care of the that before the actual on collision takes place.

I will appreciate if you can suggest a workaround this, preferably through the event system.

Thank you.

Right now there isn't a damage event for the shield - I can add it to the next release though.

That would be great. Thank you.

I meant to have an "on hit" event rather than a damage event. The same could be very useful for the health component. Currently there is an "on damage" event, but not a "on hit" event. So if I make the character invincible (for story purposes) than it does not trigger, since no health is actually lost. I am not sure if that would go under the health component or the item component though.