Use Item from inventory?

filod

i'm try to UseItem within inventory panel (e.g. a Throwable fireball or something)

but i can never equip my item with CharacterUseItemAction or CharacterEquipUnequipItemAction, here is my settings, any suggestion ?

1646832904708.png
1646833047643.png
1646833168809.png

Last edited:
Just to get a little bit more context, what are you trying to do? Have the character use the consumable item from the InventoryPanel byt equipping it, use it, and unequip it just like we do in the demo scene with the Fire ball?

From your setup I don't see anything wrong, so perhaps the issue lies somewhere else. Check that you are specifying the correct ItemCollections for equipping, The CharacterUseItemAction uses the index of Equippable ItemCollections I believe.

As for the error, it seems to be related to the inspector. It is not something that should be happening.
Could you explain how to reproduce those errors? Is it at edit time and/or runtime? does it always happens, when does it happen? How can I reproduce the error in the demo scene? I've never seen this one before

Just to get a little bit more context, what are you trying to do? Have the character use the consumable item from the InventoryPanel byt equipping it, use it, and unequip it just like we do in the demo scene with the Fire ball?

From your setup I don't see anything wrong, so perhaps the issue lies somewhere else. Check that you are specifying the correct ItemCollections for equipping, The CharacterUseItemAction uses the index of Equippable ItemCollections I believe.

As for the error, it seems to be related to the inspector. It is not something that should be happening.
Could you explain how to reproduce those errors? Is it at edit time and/or runtime? does it always happens, when does it happen? How can I reproduce the error in the demo scene? I've never seen this one before

seems i might make a wrong Item Definition/Categories structure (or wrong ItemSlotSet?), it gives wrong ItemSet info (itemset.enable always false), i don't why but now it works, thanks anyway.

besides, i found the weak type nature of UCC&UIS often cause problem that hard to track (like IDs in UCC, hierachy of ItemCategory etc..), will these be improved ?

We are looking in ways we can improve this. Especially since we are now working on UCC V3 and I am rewriting a lot of the Item portion of the Character Controller.
If you have any suggestions do let us know