Use Item Ability Gets Stuck

Hello,

I have a 1st/3rd person character that has been working fine for a long time. All of a sudden, the third person started getting stuck in the Use (slot 0) (Active) state when I use the sword. It still works fine in 1st person, but if I switch to the third person the first person hands will make a single swing (I am looking at it from the editor) and not the third person hands, and then the ability will get stuck at active. I made sure that the states for both the camera and the locomotion script are at the third person. I still cannot figure out what is causing this, and I really do not want to build the entire character from scratch. Thank you for your help.

Out of curiosity, are you switching view type mid-attack? And does that attack wait for an animation event, that may be why the ability doesn't end?

I think the issue was related to UMA. Somehow I had a different animator set up for UMA Dynamic Character Avatar than what was assigned to the animator. This seems to fix the issue.

However, I have an issue now, if I prefab my UMA character and place him to a new scene (or copy the player from one scene to the other) the sword will not work due to the following error. Nolan works fine that way. I am not sure what causes my player character to be non-transferrable between scenes. Please advise.

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.Character.CharacterIK.UpdateIKTargets () (at Assets/Opsive/UltimateCharacterController/Scripts/Character/CharacterIK.cs:358)
Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.Character.CharacterIK.SetItemIKTargets (UnityEngine.Transform itemTransform, UnityEngine.Transform itemHand, UnityEngine.Transform nonDominantHandTarget, UnityEngine.Transform nonDominantHandElbowTarget) (at Assets/Opsive/UltimateCharacterController/Scripts/Character/CharacterIK.cs:316)
Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.ThirdPersonController.Items.ThirdPersonPerspectiveItem.SetActive (System.Boolean active) (at Assets/Opsive/UltimateCharacterController/Scripts/ThirdPersonController/Items/ThirdPersonPerspectiveItem.cs:167)
Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.Items.Item.SetVisibleObjectActive (System.Boolean active) (at Assets/Opsive/UltimateCharacterController/Scripts/Items/Item.cs:531)
Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.Items.Item.Start () (at Assets/Opsive/UltimateCharacterController/Scripts/Items/Item.cs:256)