Upgrading removes custom recipes

Hi there,

I finally decided to upgrade to the newest version of the Inventory System, and it's going well so far. However, all of my recipes that use a custom crafting processor aren't showing up. The recipe files still exist, but I can't see them in the Inventory Manager editor window. Is there a way to get them back in there?

Thanks!

That's odd.
I hope you have a backup of your project, if not make sure to back it up before trying to fix this issue, as the editor can sometimes try to fix itself when it is corrupted and it can remove data.

The first thing I would check is if the crafting category are all still there and with the correct recipe type.
Then I would check if the recipes are still in the database by checking the database inspector in debug mode. https://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/InspectorOptions.html
If they are not there I would add them manually in the debug inspector. You'll need to make sure that they reference the correct Crafting recipe category.

Hopefully that fixes the issue

Thanks! I was able to fix the issue by using an old InventoryDatabase file. What happened was when I upgraded to the new version of UIS, my custom crafting processor had errors, so it didn't import all of those recipes into the database. But when I fixed the errors, they still weren't in there.

That Debug trick will be helpful in the future, though. Thanks!

p.s. I always back up my project :)