Updating to UCC V. 2.3.4

FadelMS

Hi,
I've imported the new version of UCC (2.3.4) and installed it, then I imported UIS (V. 1.1.7) and got these two errors:
Assets\Opsive\UltimateCharacterController\Editor\Inspectors\Utility\ReorderableListSerializationHelper.cs(154,104): error CS0234: The type or namespace name 'Group' does not exist in the namespace 'Opsive.Shared.Utility' (are you missing an assembly reference?)

Assets\Opsive\UltimateCharacterController\Editor\Inspectors\Utility\ReorderableListSerializationHelper.cs(154,130): error CS0234: The type or namespace name 'Group' does not exist in the namespace 'Opsive.Shared.Utility' (are you missing an assembly reference?)

After several attempts (starting from scratch with new projects), I managed to solve the problem by replacing the "Opsive.Shared.Utility.dll) with one from an older version of UCC. The errors went away and UIS completed installation and everything is fine now.
I'm not sure whether it is a bug or something wrong with my project.
I'm sure I've installed the latest version of UCC:
1625493209999.png
And I'm using the latest version of UIS:
1625493315652.png

Last edited:
I the had same problem. Worked after deleting opsive asset store cache C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\Unity\Asset Store-5.x. Then fresh download/install. Looks like more of a Unity asset store problem

Unfortunately, Justin's response wasn't satisfactory. I found out that UIS replaces "Opsive.Shared.Utility.dll" with an older version dated 4/22/2021 while the one which comes with UCC 2.3.4 is dated 6/30/2021. A workaround is to save the new version somewhere and then copy & paste it back after installing UIS.

Yes I found there was still a problem. The install order can make a difference. Works for me when UCC imported second

I don't know why installing UIS first gives me some errors, logically it shouldn't since it can be used without UCC.

Since I haven't got any responses from the administrators, I assume that they are aware of this problem but they currently don't have a solution to it, or the developers might be working on updating UIS to be compatible with UCC, in any case, I deserve an answer.

It does look like the shared directory needs to be updated within inventory. For right now your workaround of saving off the new version works until we release an update to inventory which should be soon.