Unity 2019.20f1 crashes after few bullets are ejected from AssaultRifle using Universal Pipeline

chris73it

Hi,

While following the video tutorial:

I noticed that Unity 2019.20f1 first slows down a lot and then eventually crashes after few shells are ejected from the "AssaultRifle" (the project uses the Universal Pipeline.) Is this a known issue?

Also, shells come out pink and the nozzle flash is invisible, but I figured this is due to me not being using the correct shader under the Universal Pipeline: am I supposed to use a specific shader provided by Opsive, and if so which one?

Thank you, Chris

Last edited:
I answer your other post but right now the URP isn't supported. It will be supported after the URP is released. For now you should use the standard or lightweight pipeline (though there are extra steps with lightweight so just to get started you should use the standard so you can follow along with the videos exactly).

I answer your other post but right now the URP isn't supported. It will be supported after the URP is released. For now you should use the standard or lightweight pipeline (though there are extra steps with lightweight so just to get started you should use the standard so you can follow along with the videos exactly).

Ok, thank you, I will stick to standard for now.

Side note: 2.1.8 is supposed to work with LightWeight for both 1st and 3ed person, and given that Universal is how Lightweight has been renamed, I bet more than one UCC user will be confused. My suggestion: stress the difference in the docs.