Unable to select the third person perspective

GearedGeek

I recently purchased and imported TPC to UFPS 2 and I'm getting this error when trying to edit the existing player for both perspectives.

Code:
Unable to select the third person perspective. If you'd like to create a third person character ensure the Third Person Controller is imported.
UnityEngine.Debug:LogError(Object)
Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.Editor.Managers.CharacterManager:DrawPerspective(Perspective&) (at Assets/Opsive/UltimateCharacterController/Editor/Managers/CharacterManager.cs:408)
Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.Editor.Managers.CharacterManager:DrawNewCharacter() (at Assets/Opsive/UltimateCharacterController/Editor/Managers/CharacterManager.cs:184)
Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.Editor.Managers.CharacterManager:OnGUI() (at Assets/Opsive/UltimateCharacterController/Editor/Managers/CharacterManager.cs:173)
Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.Editor.Managers.MainManagerWindow:OnManagerGUI() (at Assets/Opsive/UltimateCharacterController/Editor/Managers/MainManagerWindow.cs:407)
Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.Editor.Managers.MainManagerWindow:OnGUI() (at Assets/Opsive/UltimateCharacterController/Editor/Managers/MainManagerWindow.cs:310)
UnityEditor.PopupCallbackInfo:SetEnumValueDelegate(Object, String[], Int32)

I would try reimporting both assets and trying again - that error will only show up if the third person files aren't imported.

It happened the same to me. Just bought imported to an empty project and at the time to setup i cannot choose the 3rd person or both option...

my Unity version is 2020.1.14f1

Last edited:
aestevez, you definitely got the Ultimate Character Controller, not the First Person Controller?

UFPS is the Ultimate First Person Shooter controller, so no there is no third person perspective/controller included.