UMA compatibility?

where is the code for this please, so i can just disable it and confirm that is the issue (I am in an empty scene so also confused that a collision may be an issue). Thanks.

If the main character is moving then that's part of the normal collision detection code for the character locomotion. A lot of times this happens because the layers are not set correctly so ensure that you first check the SolidObjects layer on the Character Layer Manager component.

@chrisk , i have an avatar selected in my Animator prior to pressing test, this is destroyed and replaced with the UMA built avatar. In my case this first Avatar appears to the be object getting destroyed. If i set the Avatar in my Animator to "None", UMA creates an Avatar just fine, and this error is gone. Do you have an Avatar in your Animator prior to pressing test?

Hi, If I remove the avatar, it will have different errors and my character gets broken. I use custom avatar and the default avatar will not work.
Anyway, thank for the info. I think it's harmless.

Hi, If I remove the avatar, it will have different errors and my character gets broken. I use custom avatar and the default avatar will not work.
Anyway, thank for the info. I think it's harmless.
Are you sure, uma deletes the avatar and swaps with the skeletal information, AFAIK, you wouldn't see if your avatar and gameobject have the same name.

Yeah, it tries to delete the existing avatar and replaces with a new one. When it replaces, I think it tries to clone the existing avatar, therefore it works fine, except the message when it deletes. I think I'll leave it at this and take a look when I do more work on UMA. Thanks for the help though.

Justin you mentioned in an above post that you were looking at the first person integration of UMA. Is there currently a first person hand system that changes the clothes on the first person hands (i.e. gloves, etc) when clothes are switched?

Hello,

I am wondering if there is any part of the integration with UMA that lets you "pick up" a piece of UMA clothing and wear it when interacted with it.

Moreover, I was looking to see if it would be possible to enable or disable a piece of UMA recipe when a certain weapon is called. Namely, I am trying to tie a certain glove to unarmed combat, and I used to show it just like any other rendered model. But there is a UMA based glove now which will need to work differently.

Thank you.

Clothing is outside the scope of the character controller a bit so there is no support for it.

Yeah, I think this might go along with the inventory system than a character controller. However, I have seen assets that are even more remotely related to UCC or TPC to have mind blowing integrations (such as DSU, Malber's Horse Animset, etc) which opened doors to possible behaviors that would be very difficult to integrate otherwise.

For UMA I was wondering if the item pickup component (or an additional component) could be integrated into UMA's runtime recipe changing method, so that a costume kit could be picked up to replace the current one.

Another idea is to integrate the weapons and shield made for UMA to work with UCC. These are not models or prefabs per se, so cannot be introduced into the UCC's current item building system.

But when I look at it, this does possibly sound like an integrate that may make more sense to be done at UMA side.