Ultimate Inventory System & AI

Klin

Hi,
in your general view, would it be ok to use UCC & UIS with all AI Agents in the game or would it be totally overkill regarding performance and/or complexity?
(Say for a usuall shooter game with up to a dozen enemies at the same time)

I would simply create one big Inventory Database which stores all the AI items, and even if some agents only use one weapon still attach all the UCC and UIS components.
Just because It's a better overview and I don't have to use different API for the inventory for each agent and in case I want to switch stuff during runtime.

This question might be self explanatory for most users but I couldn't find much information and don't wanna go in the wrong direction.

Thanks a lot for your opinion on that.

I don't think the integration adds that much performance hit compared the pure UCC Characters.
So using the UIS integration for all enemies which use UCC is the way I would go. It makes it a lot easier to customize Items especially if you want different types of enemies that use the same weapon or the same enemy type use different weapons.

If you are concerned about performance check the profiler and compare the two, I doubt you'll see any difference apart from the moment the enemies are spawned.