Ultimate Character Controller WIP

So - what's the final list of new Abilities? I'm asking, because I'm making my own abilities and don't want to duplicate work.

Version 2.1.1 will add support for UMA. Here's a look at the UMA Character Builder, which gets called from the slot data:

unknown.png

The UMA integration will work for both first and third person perspective

Morph3D is officially deprecated :( I really had very high hopes for this system and was hoping it would make a return. I may need to move over to UMA myself, but the learning curve seems to be steeper than Morph3d.

I haven't talked about the Agility Pack in awhile but we are getting closer to a release. We still need to make some minor animation tweaks but here's a look at our current progress on hang. In this image the character starts by shimmying on one hang object, transfers horizontally to another hang object, transfers vertically to a different hang object, and finally pulls up to end the ability. All of the hang objects are detected dynamically and only require the object to be identified with the Object Identifier component or a layer mask set to the one specified by the hang ability.

HangPreview.gif

I have a question for the Roll ability in the Agility pack. Will you be able to limit which directions can be rolled in? Like the player can only roll left or right.

This looks awesome! Looking forward to have it on my project.
One question: I've developed my own Swim, Ladder, and Zipline abilities but they are not as good as I'd like it :) Right now are good for prototype but not good enough for the final game. Do you have in plan to add another pack with those abilities before 2T 2019? Thanks

I have a question for the Roll ability in the Agility pack. Will you be able to limit which directions can be rolled in? Like the player can only roll left or right.
Right now with roll there is only one animation that plays, I actually haven't tried rolling in combat mode yet but we'll make sure we try it before release. Regardless of which animations are necessary I can add an option to limit rolling when you are strafing.

Do you have in plan to add another pack with those abilities before 2T 2019? Thanks
We do plan on those abilities, but I don't have any timeframe. After the Agility Pack is released we'll be working on the PUN addon and then the VR addon.

We've finished polishing the hang ability and it's a really fun ability. This is also probably the most complex ability that I've created from a character movement point of view. Here's a gif of the character dropping down, transferring across, moving up, and pulling up to end the ability.

giphy.gif

Can you run, jump over a ledge and grab onto the ledge on the other side without having to start from the ground? Like over a gap....

That would be so sick! If you could interact with your environment sprinting around and jumping off of ledges like that turning around midair and latching on and dropping down. Exciting. Would be super cool if you didn't need to be grounded to latch on like that.

We've finished polishing the hang ability and it's a really fun ability. This is also probably the most complex ability that I've created from a character movement point of view.

Congratz Justin. I remember this being suggested more than 1.5 years ago on TPC forums and that you said you wanted to implement it someday in the future. It is really looking smooth from the gifs. Looking forward to test it.

You can start hanging while already in the air so this sounds doable :)
Imagine there is a gap or crevasse or from one building to another - So you jump across the gap to land on the other side hanging on the ledge - that's what I mean.

Hi Justin. I read above that an Agility Pack was expected a couple of weeks back that (hopefully?) includes Climbing (ladder climbing?). Is that available yet? If not, do you have an ETA?

Hi Justin. I read above that an Agility Pack was expected a couple of weeks back that (hopefully?) includes Climbing (ladder climbing?). Is that available yet? If not, do you have an ETA?
Unfortunately ladder climbing will not be in the agility pack. We do plan on having a climbing focused addon but we don't have an ETA on that.