Ultimate Character Controller WIP

I haven't tested the performance of that idea but in theory it would work. It really sounds like a hack though and once I finish with the FinalIK integration you will be able to use it with generic rigs so I'd rather go that route. Unity also has generic IK support on their roadmap, though it seems like it is pretty low priority since it has been on there for awhile.

Hi Justin, I asked you this a few days ago:
There is some way to stop the animation when the character collides with something. For example a wall? That the player does not continue walking without being able to advance. And to be able to show an animation of stopping. For example, braking with his hands in front. Thanks in advance and excuse me my bad english.

You replied that you liked the idea and you were going to implement it. Any news on when this could be implemented?

That will be a new ability but I don't have an ETA yet. Version 2.1 is pretty packed with new features so I don't know if I'll be able to add it to that version. The good thing is that this ability shouldn't take too long to create.

Double Jump has been added to version 2.1. In prior versions double jump works only worked if the jump ability was already active, and we also didn't have any animations for it. Now it'll work anytime the character is in the air and we have animations for it.

HandmadeThornyIndochinahogdeer-small.gif

Having th
Along with version 2.1 we are also working on the Agility Ability Pack. The Agility Ability Pack will contain 7 abilities focused on different agility animations. We plan on including the following abilities in this pack:

Balance
Crawl
Dodge
Hang
Ledge Strafe
Roll
Vault

A few of these abilities existed in version 1 of the Third Person Controller and compared to version 1 we plan on expanding on the abilities so they are able to do more. One of the things that we are expanding on is the hang ability. When you are hanging you will be able to jump hang to different hang objects in the horizontal and vertical direction. You will also be able to hang on rounded objects.

View attachment 484

Having the "hang" ability is great. But is it going to be a part of a climbing system?
And silly question, but will it roll out as update to the controller? Or an extra package to purchase?

Last edited:
Having the "hang" ability is great. But is it going to be a part of a climbing system?
Climbing will be its own set of abilities, though I'll probably take some of the hang code and bring it to the climbing addon.

And silly question, but will it roll out as update to the controller? Or an extra package to purchase?
This will be a separate asset, we haven't decided on the exact price yet but it'll be cheap since you already have the base controller (think of it being similar to the addons to Behavior Designer).

Looking forward to the 2.1 updates and Agility pack!
I noticed you're including double jump without the player triggering the first jump, does that also mean you're including coyote time for regular jumps

By coyote time I mean after the player walks off an edge, they're allowed to perform a normal jump for a very short period of time(like milliseconds). It's a very small quality of life addition that is widely used in games

Coyote time is not built in but it would be pretty easy to add. I'm hesitant to add new features to this release because it is such a large release but may be able to sneak this one in since it'd be a small addition.

Like you said it's an easy thing to put in, us end users can do it, no need to go out your way for it :D you've doing\done a ton of stuff already it's all good

This has now been added. When the shield's durability attribute or the usable item's use attribute reaches the minimum value they can be removed. The character will drop the item with an ItemType count of 0 to prevent the character from being able to pick up that item again.

View attachment 582
So how will this work? If your Shields durability is set to 25 and you get hit with 125 damage, will the shield be destroyed at 25 and then you hit with 100 damage (or does the 100 damage get ignored).