UI Ability Message Icon

magique

I'm adding the Interact ability to my character and testing using the Interactable Chest from the demo. I set the UI Ability Message Text to OPEN and also have set a sprite image for the UI Ability Message Icon, but when the text OPEN appears, the icon graphic does not. When I pause the game and look at the Message Monitor, it has no icon set. Any ideas what could be wrong?

The Message Monitor doesn't include an icon image by default - you'll want to add a reference to the image. I can add it to the next release.

I don't understand. I thought that the UI Ability Message Icon was supposed to appear in the Message Monitor when the UI Ability Message Text appears. The tooltip help states the following:

The sprite that should be drawn by the message monitor when the ability can start.

It does, but the Message Monitor doesn't contain a reference to the Image so it will never be shown. The UI prefab that contains the Message Monitor just contains a reference to the label in the current version.

It's not really a bug, more of just nothing assigned since the demo scene doesn't have any icons ;) In 2.1 I have updated the UI prefab to include a reference to the UI Image though.