UFPS2 + TPC2 = UCC2 ?

mgmhunt

Are Ultimate First Person Shooter (UFPS) 2 and Third Person Controller 2 from the same code base as Ultimate Character Controller 2?

ie if I upgrade UFPS to 2 ($45) and TPC to 2 ($57) do I end up getting UCC (for $102 the total for the upgrades) ? (ie will these stay in sync with UCC?? is it easier to combine the two packages on import?)

OR is UCC a separate product (upgrade one $45 + upgrade to UCC for $85 = $130 ).

UFPS2 and TPC2 both utilize the same modular code base that allows Justin to add and remove features into separate packages. This is how he adds Melee combat into UFPS2 if I remember correctly. Refer to the upgrade path below. In short, having just TPC2 and UFPS2 does not qualify you for a direct discount. You will need to upgrade as the path shows.

UCCUpgradeFlow.png

If you aren't sure, it is best to talk to Justin privately via email or his Discord. Or you can just fork out the UCC price and keep UFPS 1.x and TPC 1.x in your trophy cabinet. I believe you will have to purchase the assets through the Opsive Store as unless you have the assets in your Unity Asset Store account, it will not trigger the "upgrade" pricing. I would strongly recommend you talk to Justin and he can set you on the right track.

OK thanks, hadn't found that chart. Maybe add to screenshots on Asset Store.

And I see now that UFP(Shooter) upgrades to UFP(Shooter) 2.... not FP(Controller)2....

So the third tier is my situation. " Or you can just fork out the UCC price and keep UFPS 1.x and TPC 1.x in your trophy cabinet. " - bit of a price difference? ie $180 for UCC vs $122 according to above (if own both v1 as I do)?

So next main question is the technical aspect, where if I upgrade both to FPC2 & TPC2 (ie equals UCC according to chart).... do I now have access to two packages to be imported separately, or do I get access to UCC as a single package?

If Justin doesn't answer on this forum, then yea I'll email, but worth being public I thought.

My "Or you can just fork out the UCC price and keep UFPS 1.x and TPC 1.x in your trophy cabinet." remark was that if were about to throw your hands up in despair and just wanted a "gimme the asset now, i want it" thing.

The FPC2 & TPC2 ones would be two seperate "entities" but when imported together they would link into each other and provide the same features as what UCC would. This is from what I understand and I could be wrong here.

Justin does answer on the forum for sure. Just that he's very busy and sometimes can't answer all the queries he gets in one batch.

@Matt is correct on almost everything :) The upgrading pricing does also apply to the Asset Store. If you have FPC2 and TPC2 then that's the equivalent of UCC, though you will have to update two packages. The Asset Store doesn't support combining upgrades into one package.