UFPS + Input System + Cinemachine Integrations

neubern

Hello,
I'm trying to Integrate the Input System with Cinemachine and UFPS
I'm using all the new Versions of Unity, Assets and Integrations, but everything seems to break down.

What specially breaks, is the cinemachine Integration. No matter what I do, the Camera does not follow a FPS POV.
The only View Point Available in the Camera Controller Script is the "Third Person Cinemachine" ( DEFINETLY SMT WRONG HERE )

1.PNG

When I try to change my Cinemachine Virtual Camera, to for example: POV AIM, everything breaks down in Compile Errors

2.PNG

I've litereally followed all the Instructions. Fresh build
I'm using Unity 2020.3.18f1 and all I want to do is Integrate the UFPS with Cinemachine and the Unity Input System

Either I get no compile errors BUT I have no more Y Axis control of the Camera, or no camera control at all.

Further Testing:

New Project -> I've added ONLY UFPS.
Imported Cinemachine
Imported the Cinemachine Integration
Followed the Instructions from the Cinemachine Integration

I still can't control mouse axis Y to look up and down.
The furtherst I've got was move the character view Left and Right by disabling the CineMachine View Type

Does Cinemachine support a first person view? I have not made a UFPS / Cinemachine integration since I haven't used Cinemachine for first person.

I can't think of any reason why Cinemachine wouldn't allow a FPS View.

This happens even without the Input System, so the problem is directly within Cinemachine + UFPS
The most I was able to do, was move the camera Left and Right.

If one creates a new project, import UFPS and Cinemachine, they will reach this exactly point where I am stuck.
Character moves, and is able to look "using mouse" Horizontally. The Vertical Controls are like non existing.
I believe this problem would also be present using UCC.
This is terrible for me. I need Cinemachine for my Project, and I had chosen the Opsive pack for it's integration. But without it, my whole project falls apart.

The error that you are getting is called from Cinemachine and looks independent from the character controller. Based on the error Cinemachine is trying to use the old input system but you have the new one enabled. If that doesn't solve it and you continue to receive that error you should post on the Unity forum for help as there is no character controller code in that call stack

Even without the new Input system, the problem is still there.
Using only Cinemachine + UFPS, the camera don`t move vertically

Are you using the Cinemachine ViewType? The Cinemachine ViewType was only designed for third person because I wasn't aware you can do it for first. With the next update I will look into what it takes to support first and third.

I've tried using both View Types.
When in Third Person, I can move the Character, but not it's POV (No Mouse Movements).
When in First Person, I can move the Character AND the POV Left/Right. Up & Down doesn't work.

With the Input System, I get the Definition Errors when changing the Body/Aim Parameters of Cinemachine

I will let you know what I find out. Any errors within the Cinemachine code should be reported on the Unity forrms.

Hi,

I'm using Cinemachine to create seamless transitions between the first person perspective and for example the camera being placed rigidly in front of a computer screen. I used to have one virtual camera on a transform that was moved by my old view controller and another one in front of the computer.

I'm not sure how to implement this with the character controller.

In https://www.opsive.com/forum/index....tem-cinemachine-integrations.6582/#post-32747 it is said that the Cinemachine integration is meant for third person.

I placed the first person virtual camera as a child of the main camera that has the camera controller and it works, but results in a UI bug:

https://www.opsive.com/forum/index....le-with-character-controller.6590/#post-32746

Do you have any idea how I could move the cinemachine camera with the camera controller? Would this be another view type?

Merging threads - I'll let you know after I have updated the Cinemachine integration to work with first person.