UCC + PUN rigidbody collider items push through floor/walls

frothy

Hey there,

I'm using UCC + PUN addon and am having an issue where items with colliders push through other colliders like the floor or walls when they are stood on or kicked towards a wall.

I have continuous collision on, set the item up as a PUN item in the UCC addon manager, the floor and walls have non-trigger colliders, and the item (a skateboard for example) have collider and rigidbody. When a multiplayer user steps on it, it pushes it through the floor and the same happens when kicking the item towards a wall.

Any other suggestions?

With a PUN configured UCC item do I also need to add the regular Photon View and Photon rigidbody monitor stuff? I have tried it both ways.

Thanks!

Probably not UCC related the more that I mess with things. For anyone who finds this in the future, here are some things I did to help reduce this.

I'm using Unity 2021.3.x and I think since 2021.1 they've added somethign to the Project Settings > Physics section called "Default Max Depenetration Velocity". It is set to 10 by default which apparently is crazily low, much lower than the default in 2018, 2019. I set mine to 1000 based on the recommendation of others and that improved things a bit.

The best improvement however came from replacing the mesh colliders with primatives. In the skateboard example, I think the board and small wheels were just too small to reliably trigger a collision during a physics calculation frame. Changing that to a box and capsules seemed to make the biggest improvement.

Will need to look into better ways to track small objects for some other items I can't do this with.