UCC or PM?

I'm sorry if you've been asked this before:

I'm working on a game where the character is a sphere, and input comes in the form of force being applied to the sphere to make it roll (a la Super Monkey Ball). I have both UCC and PlayMaker in my project. Is it preferable to use UCC or just some simple PlayMaker states to control the sphere's movement? I guess more specifically, is it doable with UCC, and if so, does it provide any advantage over doing it in PlayMaker?

I might add new items that the ball can pick up, which makes me think I might want to use UCC and the abilities, but the rolling around aspect isn't animated in a controller, it's just a force which is applied.

I've dipped my toes into both approaches and neither seems quite straightforward, so I figured I would ask before sinking too much time in either way.

I am using Rewired and the associated integrations, also. Thanks!

This is a tough question because there is no right answer. Personally for a super monkey call clone I would create my own rigidbody based controller so you can use PhysX. This leads more towards the Playmaker side of things. With UCC it would be possible but you'd have to create an ability that depreciates