UCC jumping and falling through terrain issue

Skyler

I'm having 2 issues that I'm trying to resolve.

1. When jumping, my character tends to just glide through the level. The issue is exasperated when combined with "Speed Change."
I've tried tweaking the gravity settings, angular drag and drag on the rigid body, and I've tried messing with the force dampening and that doesn't help either.

2. Often when jumping with "Speed Change" my first person character gets stuck in the terrain and eventually falls through.
I've tried changed the Collision detection to "Continuous" and "Continuous Speculative" and the problem still persists. I've also tried putting the stickiness up and that doesn't seem to help either.

I recorded a video that conveniently shows both issues.

Do you know what may be happening here?

Are you using update or fixed update? What is your framerate? Are you able to reproduce it within the terrain of the demo scene within the demo scene?

Are you using update or fixed update? What is your framerate? Are you able to reproduce it within the terrain of the demo scene within the demo scene?
Are you using update or fixed update? Whatever the default is for the first person character that gets generated. I'm guessing Fixed Update. How can I verify that?

What is your framerate? 60fps

Are you able to reproduce it within the terrain of the demo scene within the demo scene?
I don't have a demo scene. I tied re-importing the UCC and there is no demo scene included. Am I missing something?

The update location is specified on the Ultimate Character Locomotion component. There is a demo scene included in the Opsive/UltimateCharacterController/Demos folder. Beyond that I would double check your collider and make sure the layer is specified within the CharacterLayerManager's SolidObjects layer.

Thank you for your response. I tried fiddling with the SolidObjectsLayers and I couldn't find a combination that fixed the problem. No matter what layer(s) I set it to, I'm still able to reproduce. I was able to get the demo scene running and I'm not able to reproduce the issue. I created a brand new project and not able to reproduce it as well. I created a new scene in my existing project and recreated the first person character controller from scratch and the flying through the air when jumping issue is still present. So my best guess it's something to do with the project settings, since it's the only thing that make sense to me why this is happening.

To me, the falling through the terrain issue will be solved as soon as this "gliding" issue is solved. That seems to be the root of the problem since my character doesn't fall through the terrain unless I jump while moving forward causing the "gliding" issue to happen consistently. Do you have any thoughts on why this gliding issue is cropping up?

Are you running within FixedUpdate? If you are and are still falling through the floor I can take a quick look at it if you send me your repro scene to support@opsive.com with your invoice number.

Yes, definitely using fixed update. Anecdotally, the sample scene was using update. Regardless, the problem persists irrespective to which update method I use. I'm going to try to tweak the project physics settings to see if that makes any impact.

Regarding sending you the repro scene, I don't have an issue with sending it. Do I just send you the single scene file from my project? I'm unfamiliar with that idea and I want to make sure I'm understanding you correctly.

Thank you again for your support. It is greatly appreciated. I'll buy you a beer someday if we ever cross paths. :)

If you can just send me the scene as well as the terrain asset that would be great.