Tweak animations

Dyrwoolf

Hi, I would like som tips on best practice on how to tweak/change animations. Im pretty satisfied with the animation that comes with the the third person controller but I would like to tweak them to fit my chars better.
How would i best do this? Is there a good asset some of You use? Should i export them to my 3D application (I use Modo)? Can i tweak from inside the third person conroller?
All suggestions are appreciated :)

Tweaking is best done using external programs like Motionbuilder or a 3d program. I use C4D. depending on what you need, I have been using Avatar Masks to animate my head and hands. If I need other Full Body or Arms tweeks I edit the animations in C4D or MB depending on what I am attempting to do.

Hi, Justin,
I'm trying to edit the animation in Blender but Blender cannot load Ascii FBX files.
I also try to convert to binary FBX using Autodesk FBX converter but it is imported look like this.
1547962162708.png

I guess it would be much easier if you use exported binary FBX files that can be loaded into Blender.

Thanks.

Will you please make sure the FBX files are in binary format that can load into Blender for 2.1 release so that we can edit Animation? Thanks.

We'll see if there is a way to setup a routine that automatically exports all of the animations, otherwise it will probably have to be a dedicated release to changing the fbx format because there are so many animations. I did see within the discord channel a few weeks ago that somebody was having success with editing the animations by using the autodesk tool though (not sure how they did it).

Yeah, FBX owned by Autodesk and it read Ascii FBX files fine. They can directly work on the current set of FBX files.
FBX Converter supports both command-line conversion and multiple files conversion, therefore, we can make them, however, the converted file does not load into Blender without errors like above.

One another way, probably the easiest way, is to make the original Blender project files downloadable somewhere and we can directly work on Blender project files.

One side note. UCC import process takes a really long time, mostly due to a large number of FBX files. It might worth finding out how much it will help by making binary FBX. It might help a lot.