Turn off autosave

cantRemember

Hello,

Is there any possibility to turn off autosaves in Behaviour Tree? My tree is getting bigger and any change takes a lot of time e.g. writting in TextField can take up to 10 minutes or longer.

No, there isn't a way. 10 minutes to save a field though is extremely long though. Can you profile the editor to see what is taking so long?

I can't do anything. This action freezes whole Unity. My tree is actually big. I need to clean it up. I'm trying now to do some tricks with External Behavior Trees. Can you tell me that this tree (look at pictures in attached files) with Behavior Tree Reference is more effective than old left side of tree?

Attachments

• BehaviorTreeReference.JPG
    BehaviorTreeReference.JPG
    407.8 KB · Views: 7
  • ExternalTree.JPG
    ExternalTree.JPG
    60.6 KB · Views: 7
I'm surprised that you are running into performance problems with that tree - it actually isn't too large and I've seen some trees that are a lot bigger. Are you running the latest version of Behavior Designer? If you profile the editor what is the bottleneck? If you can send me a repro scene I can also take a closer look at it.

This is just example. My current tree is bigger than this like twenty times. I'm just curious if this exmaple above where I made Behavior Tree Reference with these three tasks is more effective and it'll affect positive on my game.

EDIT: I'll send you a message with my current BT.

Last edited:
It doesn't look like the image that you sent went through. In general though breaking the tree out into external behavior trees is a good thing because in addition to it being smaller you'll also be able to reuse certain branches of the tree.