Timed branch

One way to do this would be to create a new conditional task that gets reevaluated by a Self conditional abort. Within the Update method you'd return false as soon as the timer expired. Take a look at this page for how to create a new conditional task:

Thank you for the reply! I've been trying to run a parallel complete branch to achieve this effect. I'll take a screenshot later to show what I mean.

I guess the real question I have is related to the two tasks on the bottom: I want them to be run every frame until the timer is up.

For that I would create a new conditional task and then do something like:

1588674081513.png

IsTimerUp being reevaluated? With the Self conditional abort it should be reevaluated every frame. As soon as IsTimerUp returns false it will abort the right branch.

This isn't working. Is there another approach that would work with the default nodes?

What does your tree look like? What does your timer conditional task look like? The method that I described above is the best way to do it for your particular situation. I can add a timer conditional task to the next update.

It gets stuck in IsTimerUp. The condition returns running while the timer is running and failure on finish.

behav.JPG

The right branch is never run.

The condition returns running while the timer is running
You should return Success. Conditional tasks should never return a status of running since they aren't performing any actions.

So what is the conditional supposed to evaluate? I currently have it running a timer in the update function.

I've made another detailed image to show what I want to happen:

behav3.JPG

Actually, the Strafe and Keep Distance Tasks should return success with this setup instead. (otherwise the repeater would get stuck)