Ticking SOME behavior trees manually

..Tom..

I have a bunch of regular AI running around with behavior trees.

I also have a couple of trees that I would like to tick manually. They only need to run for one tick every minute or so.

I understand from https://opsive.com/support/documentation/behavior-designer/behavior-manager/ that I can set ALL trees to evaluate manually, or automatically. But I can't find out if I can set this property PER TREE.

Is such a mix possible ?

---

Details, in case it matters: I'm trying to put things like "open door, move through door, close door behind you" with all the associated sounds, animations, etc. into tasks. I originally scripted them with a lot of subroutines and conditionals and found out that doing them as tasks is so much easier. But I don't want to litter my scene with a hundred doors checking every tick "is someone trying to go through me?" - same of other interactable objects. Coding everything as tasks makes it easier for me to reference these actions in AI behavior trees.

Have you tried to Disable/Enable these trees? It's logical to assume that disabled behaviors don't tick.

Have you tried to Disable/Enable these trees? It's logical to assume that disabled behaviors don't tick.
That would be a workaround, though even when enabled I'd like more of a turn-based behavior with manual ticks - but only for some trees.

If you set the tick rate to manual you can then manage the ticking yourself which will allow you to tick only a subset of trees. There isn't anything built in to handle this other than the manual tick type.

Got it. I have a workaround working. Maybe this should be a feature request? A "evaluate this tree only on manual tick" option ?