Throwable object issue with PUN

ChristianWiele

Hi,

I created a throwable object (coconut) with a corresponding pickup. The player can pick up the coconut and throw it. On collision, the coconut is destroyed. The pickup is automatically respawned. The pickup / throwable have been set up with PUN. The throwable is of type grenade as I want an effect to be spawned upon collision / destruction.

I have two players (server and client). If I pickup the coconut on the server, everything is fine. I can pickup and throw the coconut multiple times. If I do the same on the client, everything works fine for the first time. If I throw the coconut for the second time, I get the exception below (on the server). As a result, the throwable coconut is spawned only on the server, but not on the client. Seems that something with the pooling goes wrong!?

Regards, Christian

ArgumentException: An item with the same key has already been added. Key: CoconutThrowableObject Variant PUN(Clone) (UnityEngine.GameObject)
System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[TKey,TValue].TryInsert (TKey key, TValue value, System.Collections.Generic.InsertionBehavior behavior) (at <9577ac7a62ef43179789031239ba8798>:0)
System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[TKey,TValue].Add (TKey key, TValue value) (at <9577ac7a62ef43179789031239ba8798>:0)
Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.AddOns.Multiplayer.PhotonPun.Game.PunObjectPool.NetworkSpawnInternal (UnityEngine.GameObject original, UnityEngine.GameObject instanceObject, System.Boolean sceneObject) (at Assets/Opsive/UltimateCharacterController/Add-Ons/Multiplayer/PhotonPUN/Scripts/Game/PunObjectPool.cs:118)
Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.Networking.Game.NetworkObjectPool.NetworkSpawn (UnityEngine.GameObject original, UnityEngine.GameObject instanceObject, System.Boolean sceneObject) (at Assets/Opsive/UltimateCharacterController/Scripts/Networking/NetworkObjectPool.cs:53)
Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.Items.Actions.ThrowableItem.ThrowItem () (at Assets/Opsive/UltimateCharacterController/Scripts/Items/Actions/ThrowableItem.cs:536)
Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.AddOns.Multiplayer.PhotonPun.Character.PunCharacter.ThrowItemRPC (System.Int32 slotID, System.Int32 actionID) (at Assets/Opsive/UltimateCharacterController/Add-Ons/Multiplayer/PhotonPUN/Scripts/Character/PunCharacter.cs:655)
System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, System.Reflection.BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) (at <9577ac7a62ef43179789031239ba8798>:0)
Rethrow as TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, System.Reflection.BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) (at <9577ac7a62ef43179789031239ba8798>:0)
System.Reflection.MethodBase.Invoke (System.Object obj, System.Object[] parameters) (at <9577ac7a62ef43179789031239ba8798>:0)
Photon.Pun.PhotonNetwork.ExecuteRpc (ExitGames.Client.Photon.Hashtable rpcData, Photon.Realtime.Player sender) (at Assets/Photon/PhotonUnityNetworking/Code/PhotonNetworkPart.cs:540)
Photon.Pun.PhotonNetwork.OnEvent (ExitGames.Client.Photon.EventData photonEvent) (at Assets/Photon/PhotonUnityNetworking/Code/PhotonNetworkPart.cs:2160)
Photon.Realtime.LoadBalancingClient.OnEvent (ExitGames.Client.Photon.EventData photonEvent) (at Assets/Photon/PhotonRealtime/Code/LoadBalancingClient.cs:3253)
ExitGames.Client.Photon.PeerBase.DeserializeMessageAndCallback (ExitGames.Client.Photon.StreamBuffer stream) (at <55327f06489f4ebdb665a4707c165dbb>:0)
ExitGames.Client.Photon.EnetPeer.DispatchIncomingCommands () (at <55327f06489f4ebdb665a4707c165dbb>:0)
ExitGames.Client.Photon.PhotonPeer.DispatchIncomingCommands () (at <55327f06489f4ebdb665a4707c165dbb>:0)
Photon.Pun.PhotonHandler.Dispatch () (at Assets/Photon/PhotonUnityNetworking/Code/PhotonHandler.cs:223)
Photon.Pun.PhotonHandler.FixedUpdate () (at Assets/Photon/PhotonUnityNetworking/Code/PhotonHandler.cs:149)

BTW, the same error occurs on the PUN demo scene with the grenade pickup.
2020.1.17f1
UCC 2.2.7
PUN Add-on 1.1.7
PUN 2.26

Are you able to reproduce it within the demo scene? If not, can you add outputs to NetworkSpawnInternal to look at the call stack to see where the same object is being added to the ActiveGameObjects map?

Are you the client or the master client? I'm not able to reproduce it after picking up the grenades within the first room.