There was a problem when integrating with the ultimate inventory and creating weapons

cangcloud

I followed the video tutorial to create a submachine gun with the ultimate inventory, but found that the Attack Damage attribute was not created. This is really strange. You can see my screenshots. I installed the video tutorial step by step. I use the Unity2021.1.5 version. You should test the new version of the Unity editor, I need help.
1620388652614.png

Santiago will likely respond Monday but I believe that part is described a little bit later in the video. I think if you watch another few minutes he'll cover that aspect.

Santiago will likely respond Monday but I believe that part is described a little bit later in the video. I think if you watch another few minutes he'll cover that aspect.
The role of the Attack Damage attribute is to cause damage to the enemy AI. You can set the damage value, but I found that it was not created when creating the submachine gun. I tried to add it to the submachine gun but did not find a way to add it. In the video tutorial There is Attack Damage attribute. In the screenshot, you can see that there are 4 attributes, Prefab, Icon, Description, DropPrefab, and there is no Attack Damage attribute.

Yes, I watched the video tutorial again. I already know how to operate it, but the integration of the character controller and the ultimate inventory is really troublesome. I hope you can make it easier to create inventory in the next version. When will the new version be released ? Do you have a development roadmap? I would like to know what new things will be in the future?

During the recording of the video I made a small mistake and had to re-record a part.
If you watch a the video tutorial until the end you'll see that I manually create and assign the "Attack Damage" attribute. That attribute is not added automatically.

Our systems are designed to be modular and flexible. Not everyone want or need an Attack Damage attribute so we do not add it by default.

We do not have a public roadmap, and the next major version of the integration will probably release around the time the Adventure Kit releases which will be in a few months.

During the recording of the video I made a small mistake and had to re-record a part.
If you watch a the video tutorial until the end you'll see that I manually create and assign the "Attack Damage" attribute. That attribute is not added automatically.

Our systems are designed to be modular and flexible. Not everyone want or need an Attack Damage attribute so we do not add it by default.

We do not have a public roadmap, and the next major version of the integration will probably release around the time the Adventure Kit releases which will be in a few months.
I watched the video again, and now I know how to operate it. The ultimate inventory is really flexible, but it's too complex. However, your plug-in is the best in the unity asset store. It has the highest performance and can afford its price. I hope you can simplify the process of creating inventory as much as possible. Let me ask you a question, Can I create a separate inventory system for my companion AI?

I'll keep that in mind for future releases. It's hard to keep things simple when the asset is so customizable and flexible, but I'll do my best.

You companion AI can have its own Inventory of course. Any game object can have an Inventory: character, NPCs, chest, pickup, etc...