There is a bug in creating the shield

cangcloud

There is a bug in creating a shield. I created a shield, but the zoom value of the shield is forced to be set to 5, and the zoom value cannot be modified. I think this is a bug. You can watch the video I recorded. I hope you guys fix this as soon as possible. The problem, because the game I'm developing requires a shield and I need help.

I think the local scale is relative to the scale of the visible item, so you may need to adjust the scale of the render object (Third Person Shield)

I just tried your method, but it still doesn't work. The zoom value is still set to 5 and cannot be modified. You can watch the video I recorded.

The scale depends on the scale of the parent transforms. You can either adjust the Local Spawn Scale, or adjust your model scale in the import settings. You can see where the scale is set within PerspectiveItem.Initialize.

The scale depends on the scale of the parent transforms. You can either adjust the Local Spawn Scale, or adjust your model scale in the import settings. You can see where the scale is set within PerspectiveItem.Initialize.
Can you send a screenshot? I can't find it.

1628494879922.png
When you import your model, the inspector for the imported asset has the scale factor on the "Model" tab. You may need to adjust this because different 3D modelling software can sometimes export at unexpected scales depending on the export settings.

View attachment 6776
When you import your model, the inspector for the imported asset has the scale factor on the "Model" tab. You may need to adjust this because different 3D modelling software can sometimes export at unexpected scales depending on the export settings.
I did as you said, but the shield can't be picked up. I don't know what caused this. I can only hope that the next version can fix these problems. The shield is very important for the game I'm developing. I need the shield.

I am not able to reproduce this. The katana is a runtime pickup similar to your shield and when I set a value of 10 the katana is extremely large. Can you tell me how to reproduce the issue within a fresh project?

I am not able to reproduce this. The katana is a runtime pickup similar to your shield and when I set a value of 10 the katana is extremely large. Can you tell me how to reproduce the issue within a fresh project?
I created Katana and the shield with the model that comes with Opsive.You can watch the video I recorded and follow the instructions. You will find that there is a problem with the code, but you didn't check it.

With the continuous update of the version, these problems may arise because you neglected to check the code.You should be more rigorous.

Can you tell me how to reproduce it from a fresh project? It may be something odd with your character's hand proportions. For example, here's a screenshot of when I set the katana scale to 10 from the demo scene:

1629474219047.png

The lightmaps aren't baked but you can see the scale is correctly applied.

Can you tell me how to reproduce it from a fresh project? It may be something odd with your character's hand proportions. For example, here's a screenshot of when I set the katana scale to 10 from the demo scene:

View attachment 6863

The lightmaps aren't baked but you can see the scale is correctly applied.
Katana cannot adjust the position. The problem with the shield is that the zoom value cannot be changed. The zoom value of the shield is forcibly set to 5 and cannot be changed. You can watch the video I recorded. In the video, I recreated a new project. Importing TPC, creating players and shields, shield models are all built in TPC, uploading to Google SkyDrive makes me very tired, uploading to Google SkyDrive is really slow, I should be lying in bed and sleeping. But the video has not been uploaded yet.

The zoom value of the shield is forcibly set to 5 and cannot be changed.
You are referring to scale and not zoom, correct? There are no hard coded values of 5. Does your character have any scaling set in the hierarchy from the hands? My guess is that one of those transforms is a non-1 value so you need to adjust the scale to account for that.

You are referring to scale and not zoom, correct? There are no hard coded values of 5. Does your character have any scaling set in the hierarchy from the hands? My guess is that one of those transforms is a non-1 value so you need to adjust the scale to account for that.
What I'm talking about is the scaling value. Any weapon can set the scaling value, but the shield is very strange... Its scaling value is the same no matter what you do. Take a closer look at my video of creating a shield. I didn't make any mistake. This problem exists in all shields that can be created. This problem is not on me, You should think about why the shield I created according to the tutorial has this problem. I am distressed that there is no problem with my shield creation steps.

Unless I'm misunderstanding, I can't repro any of this in the demo scene. I can adjust the scale of the visible shield objects just fine.

What's the issue you're having with "the shield can't be picked up"? Maybe after adjusting the scale, then the collider size also changed to be too small, so you could take a look at the collider.

Unless I'm misunderstanding, I can't repro any of this in the demo scene. I can adjust the scale of the visible shield objects just fine.

What's the issue you're having with "the shield can't be picked up"? Maybe after adjusting the scale, then the collider size also changed to be too small, so you could take a look at the collider.
At first I thought it was a problem with my model, and then I recreated it with the shield model that comes with Opsive. I found that the shield I created with Opsive's shield model also had the same problem. I hope Justin can check the source code. , Smoke was not created when I created the rocket launcher. I created it manually and added it and the problem was solved. These problems indicate that Justin has not checked his code for a long time. There is no problem with the operation of creating weapons. I bought the plug-in and found only You can also feel very distressed if you can use shooting weapons, but cannot use melee weapons.

Regarding the issue that the rocket launcher can only fire one rocket, you can find it in the link below.
The rocket launcher can only fire one rocket | Opsive https://opsive.com/forum/index.php?threads/the-rocket-launcher-can-only-fire-one-rocket.6232/

Can you tell me how to reproduce it using the demo scene assets and the Nolan character? The scale is set by the First/ThirdPersonPerspective component and not the shield ItemAction so all items are set the same way.

Can you tell me how to reproduce it using the demo scene assets and the Nolan character? The scale is set by the First/ThirdPersonPerspective component and not the shield ItemAction so all items are set the same way.
I will send you my project in its entirety, so that you can study it slowly. You can use the project and the video I recorded to study the code slowly. The project is a bit big and it takes some time to upload. After the upload is complete, I will send the link to You.