The Realistic Tank Controller

Hi omnia games!

I could certainly see being interested in this integration and I know others would be as well as I believe UCC is the asset that can deliver the closest to a GTA-like experience in the asset store.

I know you didn't ask, but I'd be willing to pay:

$10 USD - Basic integration. Interact trigger on tank object jumps you into control
$30 USD - Animated entry integration. Character is animated likely via ability to climb up tank and enter it.
$50 USD - Advanced animated entry and more. Character has multiple animations for entry from sides, front, back, and possibly even as an air drop (parachute or jump off building onto the tank). Tools to easily modify entry / exit abilities to fit custom or third party vehicle meshes. Additional features like animation to pop out top with gestures or to fire side arm. Various camera presets. Various abilities like firing different types of weapons, tossing out grenades, distributing and receiving damage including splash damage and decal options, enemy AI (Behaviour Designer?) including running up and placing sticky bombs or sabotaging treads.

For my project, I implemented Edy's Vehicle Integration with Third Person Controller Version 1. It was a simple integration that used an interact to jump you directly into the Edy controller and had an exit button to pop-out, but it was a more difficult implementation than I originally anticipated. I was working on adding entry and wanted to create my own IK driving with Opsive in Edy's Vehicle Controller or implemented TURNTHEGAMEON's IK Driver Racing Avatar, Vehicle Controller & AI. I would pay $10-20 for a basic UCC integration with Edy's with basic entry and exit. This would increase with the addition of hijacking 'ala GTA (~$50ish) and the inclusion of IK driving (~$60ish) or easy integration with TURNTHEGAMEON's asset (~$30-40ish)

Hope this information helps and please let me know if you make any progress on this! I'd certainly be an early adopter. I had no intentions of having tanks in my game, but seems like a fun late game activity. Other vehicles are a must have as my game is like a scaled back and more grounded / comical GTA type game.

Hi omnia games!

I could certainly see being interested in this integration and I know others would be as well as I believe UCC is the asset that can deliver the closest to a GTA-like experience in the asset store.

I know you didn't ask, but I'd be willing to pay:

$10 USD - Basic integration. Interact trigger on tank object jumps you into control
$30 USD - Animated entry integration. Character is animated likely via ability to climb up tank and enter it.
$50 USD - Advanced animated entry and more. Character has multiple animations for entry from sides, front, back, and possibly even as an air drop (parachute or jump off building onto the tank). Tools to easily modify entry / exit abilities to fit custom or third party vehicle meshes. Additional features like animation to pop out top with gestures or to fire side arm. Various camera presets. Various abilities like firing different types of weapons, tossing out grenades, distributing and receiving damage including splash damage and decal options, enemy AI (Behaviour Designer?) including running up and placing sticky bombs or sabotaging treads.

For my project, I implemented Edy's Vehicle Integration with Third Person Controller Version 1. It was a simple integration that used an interact to jump you directly into the Edy controller and had an exit button to pop-out, but it was a more difficult implementation than I originally anticipated. I was working on adding entry and wanted to create my own IK driving with Opsive in Edy's Vehicle Controller or implemented TURNTHEGAMEON's IK Driver Racing Avatar, Vehicle Controller & AI. I would pay $10-20 for a basic UCC integration with Edy's with basic entry and exit. This would increase with the addition of hijacking 'ala GTA (~$50ish) and the inclusion of IK driving (~$60ish) or easy integration with TURNTHEGAMEON's asset (~$30-40ish)

Hope this information helps and please let me know if you make any progress on this! I'd certainly be an early adopter. I had no intentions of having tanks in my game, but seems like a fun late game activity. Other vehicles are a must have as my game is like a scaled back and more grounded / comical GTA type game.
Wow, you would pay for an integration... hmm I still scratch my head at the fact that no one ever donates to me but is willing to pay people to do what I shared.

@RedHawk - I saw your post after this and didn't realize the relative ease of implementation. With Version 1 I had a hell of a time getting Edy's to work well with it and I was just swapping controllers. I plan on utilizing your scripts when I get there and I will totally donate if / when I do man! That said, you add features like car jacking, entry / exit on all doors, easily adaptable IK for custom vehicles, animations, etc.. in a package and I will happily pay for the convenience! You're a real boss for sharing this stuff. Love the Opsive community! Much love my man <3

@RedHawk - I saw your post after this and didn't realize the relative ease of implementation. With Version 1 I had a hell of a time getting Edy's to work well with it and I was just swapping controllers. I plan on utilizing your scripts when I get there and I will totally donate if / when I do man! That said, you add features like car jacking, entry / exit on all doors, easily adaptable IK for custom vehicles, animations, etc.. in a package and I will happily pay for the convenience! You're a real boss for sharing this stuff. Love the Opsive community! Much love my man <3
As far as adding the extra stuff, I really need to get the implementation with Opsive working better. I'm not super happy with how I have it set up, but it definitely works just fine for a single-player type of game. There are built-in limitations that I'm trying to wrap my head around with Opsive. So, enter/exit all doors is really only helpful in a multiplayer game.

Hey man. And that there is the big difference. What you have now I will totally use and customize and if I find it helpful I will donate generously but if you packaged it up nicely with all of those extras and made it nice to use with documentation and well commented code and all of that then I would happily buy it as an asset.

As far as enter and exit on all doors is concerned I know what you mean about multiplayer, which I think would be a good thing to support for the future, but I disagree that it would be strictly for that. In my game I would like you to enter whatever door is closest to you when you hit the interact button and then you slide in to the driver seat if available just like GTA. This also has the benefit of situations where one of the doors is up against a wall or something.

Well, any door, that's easy just add another trigger for it. I haven't tested, but yeah should be simple.

Yeah for sure, but also with different and varied animations for different entries and such is what I mean. Popping the trunk and climbing top driver cause there's obstructions on both sides. Lol. Just that kind of deal is the value added stuff that would make me buy an asset. Not getting you to do the things and I might work on them if I think they make sense for my project. Just brainstorming and explaining why I'd pay for this despite the lovely release of your integration.

Wow thanks, @RedHawk! Your tutorial looks really good. You've definitely helped me figure out a few things I haven't had time to look into yet. Also, I agree with @Enigma Factory. Having tutorials is awesome, but 1) they are few and far between and 2) they don't usually come with the "nice-to-have" features. I definitely think having pre-made packages for integrations would be worth something for people because it's saving them time that could be used for something else.