The camera doesn't move with head

maherar

in 1st person mode, the camera is not moving with animation, even the character is bending down, which gives a wired look If we are looking toward the ground. Please let me know how to fix it, the camera should move with the head.

The Smooth Head Offset Buffer on the First Person View Type is used to move the camera with the head.

I have following animation clips with head movements, but when these are played (except clip 002) in 1st person mode, caera stands still and feel like nothing is happening.
I tried different parameters like
shake Speed from 0 to 1
Smooth Head Offset Steps from 1 to 50
Collision Radous 0.01 to 20
Vertical Offset Lerp Speed till 10
nothing is changed.

If I check Rotate With Head and don't move the mouse it gives a wired look of next in clip 5.
if I move the mouse, the character and camera both rotate 180 degrees like in clip 006. Restrict Rotation can stop the character but not the camera.

Clip 001:

Clip 002:

Clip 003

Clip 004

Clip 005

Clip 006
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYysRViOuzA&feature=youtu.be&ab_channel=HafizAbdulRehmanIqbal

Note: My objective is to play the clip 002 animation and camera rotate/move with the head and give a realistic view of dropping the paper by looking on it.

1679498911784.png

The Smooth Head Offset Buffer on the First Person View Type is used to move the camera with the head.

Just a side note (and not trying to move the focus from the OP problem), this Head Offset Steps was the origin of the problem i mentioned in this post: https://www.opsive.com/forum/index.php?threads/version-3-0-8-and-add-on-updates.9266/#post-45548

After i changed it to "0" the jittery was gone, my point is that maybe there's some problem with this parameter that need some attention

If you can tell me how to reproduce the issue within the demo scene I should be able to help, but without being able to reproduce it I'm not sure why it's not following.

After i changed it to "0" the jittery was gone, my point is that maybe there's some problem with this parameter that need some attention
I actually also experienced this a few days ago. This was an issue with a low framerate, and will be included in the next update.

On camera controller under viewtype, If "Rotate with Head" is true, then I am gettign following error. earlier it was fine but now I have this error.

1679960625686.png

I no longer have a version 2 project to look at so unfortunately I am not able to look at that error. If you set a breakpoint there you should be able to have a better idea of the cause.