Task StartStopAbility not finding new Ability

vodinh

I have a new ability that works with UCC, but the Behavior Designer task StartStopAbility cannot find it.

1679060787302.png

TaskUtility.GetTypeWithinAssembly(m_AbilityType.Value)
TaskUtility did not find a new ability, did I miss any installation steps so that Behavior Designer can find my ability?

This is my new ability:
namespace Onion.Character.Abilities { using Opsive.Shared.Game; using Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.Character.Abilities; using Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.Character.Identifiers; using Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.FirstPersonController.Character; using Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.Items; using System.Collections; using UnityEngine; [DefaultInputName("Dash")] [DefaultStartType(AbilityStartType.ButtonDown)] [DefaultStopType(AbilityStopType.Automatic)] public class Dash : Ability { ... } }

Last edited:
TaskUtility will search through all of the available assemblies. Do you have any assembly definitions? Does m_AbilityType.Value point to the entire namespace of the class?

Do you mean I need an assembly definitions for new abilities?
Yes, The m_AbilityType.Value is a property that points to the full type name of the ability.
TaskUtility will search through all of the available assemblies. Do you have any assembly definitions? Does m_AbilityType.Value point to the entire namespace of the class?

Did you add the ability to your character? I was just curious on the assembly definition but it shouldn't matter.

I think Unity has some problem compiling the code. After closing Unity and reopening it to recompile the code, it works. Thank you for your support.