Sword and Shield in one

A7r

How can i do something like:
Sword:
Fire1 - attack
Fire 2 - block but working like with shield
Like in FF where big swords protects owners against bullets.
I need write own ability? own item component where I merge melee weapon and shield?

An item's behaviour is determined by "Item Actions". For example, in the demo scene, the sword uses the MeleeWeapon item action and the shield uses the Block item action. It's possible to have multiple item actions in one item, so you could have both the MeleeWeapon and Block item actions on one item.

I'd recommend reading this page for more details on how to set up multiple item actions: https://opsive.com/support/documentation/ultimate-character-controller/items/actions/

And it would also be worth reading the MeleeWeapon and Block pages too. There are also a few useful videos in this playlist that describe how to set up different kinds of items:

I don't think so.
Block ability don't have action ID. And i cannot active Slot0ItemStateIndexChange trigger from block ability.
Ability is active but animator not react.
1596763442937.png

Attachments

• 1596763230065.png
    1596763230065.png
    133.4 KB · Views: 2
The Block ability does not get activated when you hold down Fire2 - the Aim ability does. The only thing that changes to the shield when holding down Fire2 is its positioning. The Block ability gets activated when incoming damage collides with the shield. So the Block ability doesn't have an Action ID because the user doesn't activate it - it gets activated automatically in response to incoming damage.

Reactions: A7r