Support For First Person Controller?

FlashMuzzle

So I have noticed that the First Person Controller doesn't always quite match up to the video tutorials on Opsive's YouTube Channel right now. Because I am currently experimenting with making a strictly first person game and don't have a lot of time or money for my hobby, I only bought the $95 First Person Controller asset pack, instead of the $180 Ultimate Character Controller. But now, after seeing quite a few differences between the video tutorials and my asset pack (and the packs being so new they have nearly no other sources of documentation), I've been regretting my decision to not buy the full package. I'm sure the slight discrepancies between my asset package and the video tutorial's wouldn't be hard to work around for a proficient Unity user/game developer, but I sadly am neither.

So now we come to my question:
If I were to purchase the Third Person Controller package ($95), would I have the same experience as the Ultimate Character Controller when I used it in combination with my already purchased First Person Controller ($95)? Or would I have to purchase the Ultimate Character Controller ($180) to follow along correctly in the tutorials? I regret not paying the $180 in the first place, but now worry that I will have to partially re-purchase the same assets to get the exact ones in the only video tutorials available.

Thanks in advance.

Is there a particular portion of the video tutorials that aren't matching up? In general everything should be similar between the first and third person perspective. In the last version there was a new parameter added to the Item Builder which allows you to specify if you want to add a first or third person item, but that has been updated within the text documentation and should be fairly self explanatory with what it does.

To answer your question though -
If I were to purchase the Third Person Controller package ($95), would I have the same experience as the Ultimate Character Controller when I used it in combination with my already purchased First Person Controller ($95)? Or would I have to purchase the Ultimate Character Controller ($180) to follow along correctly in the tutorials? I regret not paying the $180 in the first place, but now worry that I will have to partially re-purchase the same assets to get the exact ones in the only video tutorials available.

If you already have the First Person Controller you can upgrade to the Ultimate Character Controller for the price difference of $85.

I guess I just started to get confused when my first-person character didn't have arms or a head, but the one in the video had the third-person arms/head and the first person arms at the characters feet. I spent this morning working with it, and I now understand my mistakes a lot more now. The assets you made are beautifully made in the sense that the more i just use the assets and change settings the more I understand what I'm doing. I have learned a lot just by using the assets themselves! Thank you for your quick reply, and the link to that documentation! I will be referencing them a lot from now on.

You mention I can upgrade; this might be a stupid question, but how would I go about doing that? Which pack would I buy and would I buy it through the Unity Asset Store or the store on this website?

I apologize in advance for my ineptitude on these subjects. I am not very experienced; this is just a hobby I am very fond of.

I guess I just started to get confused when my first-person character didn't have arms or a head, but the one in the video had the third-person arms/head and the first person arms at the characters feet. I spent this morning working with it, and I now understand my mistakes a lot more now. The assets you made are beautifully made in the sense that the more i just use the assets and change settings the more I understand what I'm doing. I have learned a lot just by using the assets themselves! Thank you for your quick reply, and the link to that documentation! I will be referencing them a lot from now on.
Ahh, I see. Yeah, there won't be a head or arms for first person view. I am glad that you are enjoying the assets :)

You mention I can upgrade; this might be a stupid question, but how would I go about doing that? Which pack would I buy and would I buy it through the Unity Asset Store or the store on this website?
If you purchased through the Asset Store and are logged in this link should show the discounted price: https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/?stay#!/content/99962.

I only was looking for the head and arms because I was hoping to eventually add local multiplayer for my friends and I. I see now that you currently working on an addon for multiplayer. Good luck with that! I'm excited to try it whenever it releases!

Thank you so much. This was EXACTLY what I was looking for.