State conversion speed

1, I am using the "SpeedChange" ability to convert the "RunAssaultRifleFirst" state, but the conversion speed is a bit slow, where can I adjust it? I tried to modify the values of "Speed Change Multiplier" and "Speed Change Value", but they all have nothing to do with the conversion speed.

2, After setting everything in the UCC character, if I want to change only the character model, do you think this is possible?

3, How to prevent the character from shooting when running?

4, Can the crosshair be set to display only when hitting an enemy?

5, I need to use "On Collision Enter" to judge the collision between the character and the wall, but since all the "Rigibody" on the character is forced to "Is Kinematic", I can't make this judgment. What should I do?

6, many model textures now share a texture, which has become a big problem in the "Surface Manager" settings, is there a good solution?

20190117130111.png

Last edited:
1. This sounds like it's either related to the animator or you can adjust the acceleration value on the character locomotion component.

2. Not easily. You'll need to copy all of the components and update all of the references to the new character's rig.

3. This will require modification to the Speed Change ability so it prevents the Use ability from starting.

4. This isn't built in so it'll require modification within the CrosshairsMonitor.

5. In 2.1 you'll be able to get the HorizontalRaycastHit which indicates which object the character hit in the horizontal direction. For right now you could create an ability that casts a ray.

6. You can set the UV of the texture within the surface manager.

Last edited:
1. This sounds like it's either related to the animator or you can adjust the acceleration value on the character locomotion component.

1.Sorry, I don't mean animation but the state of the weapon. For example, "RunAssaultRifleFirstPersonPerspectiveItemPreset" basically only changes the position and rotation of the weapon. I want to adjust the conversion speed of the weapon's "Run State" and "Aim State", I haven't found the place to set it.

7.I tried to adjust the speed of some animation clips in "Demo Animator", but it seems to have no effect.

The speed that the items transition from one position/rotation relates to the stiffness/damping of the spring. Take a look at this page for more info: https://opsive.com/support/documentation/ultimate-character-controller/animation/springs/

When I press the right mouse button to switch to the aiming state, the crosshair of the weapon will disappear, I want the crosshair not to disappear.

I can't find the code that controls the disappearance of crosshair. Where is the piece of code?