Start Stop Use - Wait for Use Complete

RobotGames

I cannot seem to get this to work the way I believe it should. I could be wrong. I am looking at something similar to the example specifically the sequence where we start attacking. We have a sequence [Can see Object] - [Start Stop Use] - [Wait]. The issue is with Start Stop Use. If I select the Wait for Use Complete checkbox, I understand the action should wait for use complete from my weapon. On the weapon (melee weapon) I have selected Wait for Animation Event on both Use Event and Use Complete. The animation has the events OnAnimatorItemUse and OnAnimatorItemUseComplete. On my Item Ability - Use I have the Start Type and Stop Type both set to Manual.

How is this supposed to work? What I am expecting is the item is used, the animation fires, when the animation fires the OnAnimatorItemUseComplete event the Start Stop Use will fire success and it will step to the next item in the sequence. I couldn't find any absolute documentation for the UCC integration that really explains what everything is or what it does.