Split Screen Setup

gibson884

Hi,

I have been trying to get split screen setup working and it appears i have hit a small snag in getting this completely up and running. It Appears when i set up the UI by clicking two times, I am getting the problem of the UI spans the whole screen and messed up the left side camera. The UI is not being broken up into the 2 separate ports and i am unsure why. My setup is correct for everything else at this point. when correctly assigned I see the below

Attachments

• with UI.jpg
    with UI.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 11
  • without UI.jpg
    without UI.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 11
Did you follow the steps in this guide in order? Especially the last step.

also yes i have, i tried with 2 canvas and 2 monitors assigned each character to a monitor, i tried keeping the canvas in every form of view possible and i can only see the one UI element, i have everything else working for split screen at this moment Just getting stuck here. I tried screen space over lay and on the canvas scaler i did screen match mode scale with screen size. i also tried the same with Camera but it appears to just mess up my views entirely of the Split screen characters. thank you

You do need two set of monitors. The number of canvases doesn't matter as long as the UI is visible. From your screenshot it looks like you need to adjust the location of the UI elements within the canvas.

Great thanks Justin, looks like that resolve 95% of it, I just am not seeing all the UI elements, I will continue to look

okay just to update, issue was when you duplicate the monitor it actually messes up some settings what worked was adding UI twice from the main setup manager. Additionally assigning new unique values to the item monitors and then going into the weapons resolved most issues. I will post all my settings when completed for others to view if you guys want.

I didn't know that I have to align the monitor rect transforms to the resp. camera view ports (e.g. cam 1: monitor rect transform left: 960px, in Full HD). You should add this information on your split screen doc page.