Some key inputs not registerd

Acer

So I have setup a gun and it can shoot but sometings the key input events are not registered. This happens like 1 in every 10/15 clicks and its extreamy annoying.
This happens to all of my key inputs like when I press "R" to reload it sometime does not reload.
It also seems like when I aim the weapon most of the key inputs are registered.

Why does this happen?

Last edited:
What version are you running? Can you tell us how to reproduce it within the demo scene of a fresh project?

What version of the controller? Are you able to reproduce the error within the demo scene? The demo scene uses built in render pipeline so for this you'll need to create a new project.

What version of the controller? Are you able to reproduce the error within the demo scene? The demo scene uses built in render pipeline so for this you'll need to create a new project.
Aaa, I use the Third Person Controller Version 2.4.9. I create the character from the deafult loaded scene

Unfortunately we are not doing any more bugfixing to version 2 anymore. I don't remember this being an issue though so I recommend trying to reproduce it in the demo scene and if you aren't able to take a look at the settings that the assault rifle is using.

Unfortunately we are not doing any more bugfixing to version 2 anymore. I don't remember this being an issue though so I recommend trying to reproduce it in the demo scene and if you aren't able to take a look at the settings that the assault rifle is using.
Is the animator Parameters suppose to update all the time? In the UltimateCharacterLocomotion script and in UpdateItemAbilityAnimatorParameters the item abilities are updated every frame but not when I aim. Could that be something to look in to?

It really depends on the ability/item. The parameters have to be set to dirty when there is a change requiring the animator and that will then update the parameters.

The project that had this problem was now a full clean project but close to so I made a new project and tested it and now the animator parameters are not set every frame which is good. So it must be something triggering an animator parameter update every frame that blocks some key inputs. So for me it seems like the Slot0ItemStateIndex is changing all the time

I think there is something setting the aim state all the time because my default state is aming ( but the parameters are not updated I can only see that the aming animation is active all the time). Where can I find the settings for this?

Not mutch response here... but anyway I think I found why it was missing key inputs. The Item Aim Ability had Start Type: Automatic, the default was Button Down Continuous. This must be a bug or I'am missing something. Its really hard to figure out stuff when the documentation is so limited