Sliding When Attacking and Moving

magique

I thought I asked this before or there was some advice somewhere, but I can't find it. I am seeing an issue that if I attack while moving forward, the character just slides instead walking. Is there some setting I need to adjust to make this work correctly?

It sounds like your character should use root motion during the attack - you can force enable it under the melee weapon.

OK, so the sliding stops when I force root motion, but the player stops moving also. I thought it was possible to have the character moving forward while simultaneously attacking.

It doesn't sound like your animation has any root motion data associated with it - ensure you aren't baking it in.

I am just using the animations already existing in the controller. I haven't replaced them with my own.

In the demo scene it works exactly the same without making any changes at all. You can pick up the Katana and when you walk forward and attack, he stops moving while attacking. Is there some other setting that needs to be turned on for it to work while moving?

Ahh, I see now. The standing attack animation is playing and we don't have a moving attack for the katana so in this case you'll need a new moving attack animation