Shotgun and Sniper Animations Not Playing

Hello, could someone show me how to make sure my sniper rifle fire animation plays? The reload, holster and draw animations play but the fire doesn't this has been driving me crazy:

sniper.png

Also my shotguns reload doesn't work either. If I set the reload type to full it plays the animation but if I set it to single it doesn't play the animation and instead just instantly fills the gun.

shotgun.png

Last edited:
I use the same item ID for all weapons it might be that none of the fire animations for my guns play but I can't tell due to the springs. What I do know is that my reload works for all guns including the sniper. It might have something to do with the single reload type as all my other weapons use full reload type.

I would check that the right animation state is running. You can also enable logging on the Animator Monitor to determine which state it is trying to transition to. This will then allow you to work backwards to figure out what the issue is.

Okay I got the shotgun to reload animation to play and then I found my problem for some reason when set to single reload type the shotgun reloads multiple shells at once instead of two. For some reason it always tries to put in two shells only no matter how big the mag is. So if I have a mag size of 30 it will put in two shells each containing like 7 bullets then stop. Edit: I had three animation transitions for my reload and two put in shells, I removed the second one and now only one shell is put in. How do I make the reload animation loop to keep going? It has looping enabled but still doesn't work.

Last edited: