Setting Properties of Start/Stop Ability

I have added a SpeedChange ability to an AI character which slows him down instead of increasing his speed by changing the speed change multiplier to 0.5 instead of 2. I am trying to use this ability in Behavior Designer's Start/Stop ability, but when I look at the drop down list I can only see the generic speed change ability, and not the ability that I created under that character's abilities. Is there a way to access the abilities created for the character? Or can I only access the ones premade?

There shouldn't be anything special about the built in abilities. Did you name your new speed change ability something other than SpeedChange? What does your ability look like?

It was not a generic ability, it was actually still a speed change ability. It seems like you can define as many speed change abilities with different parameters as you want.

So I have got one speed change ability named "Sprint" and another one named "Walk", increasing and decreasing speed multiplier respectively. However, when i use the Start/Stop Ability in Behavior Designer, the ability type drop-down seems to be listing just the built in abilities, and not the instances of the abilities created inside the characters locomotion component. In other words, I do not see two different speed change abilities, but just one generic ability. And it does not let you customize its values, so it always causes the character to run, and not walk.

Oh, yeah, that's right. It only shows the types of the abilities, not the instances. You can use the Priority Index to specify a specific instance if you have multiple of the same abilities. This is the index of the ability within the ability list.