Self abort with Event conditional Task issue

patrick_l

Hi,

I'm using the "Has Received Event" task to trigger a conditional abort. When using a Lower Priority abort type it works as expected. However I also need to re-trigger the abort sequence if a new event is received while it is currently running.

I tried using a "Both" abort type but this aborts the sequence before it completes due to the eventReceived in the event conditional being reset and the Tasks after the conditional are immediately aborted.

Here is a simplified example that has the issue. In this example the Wait task gets aborted just after it starts as soon the event value is reset.

event_abort.png

event_abort_log.png

Are there other ways to force a sequence to run at any time but also let it run to completion if currently executing?

Thanks

There isn't anything built in with conditional aborts with that functionality but you could create a new Decorator task which also responds to events and have it replay the child if there is an event. This would be similar to the Repeater task, except it would only repeat if there is an event.