Selecting which Item to use as Ingredient when using Categories

desukarhu

Hey,

If I have a recipe for "Herbal Tea" and it's ingredients are "Water" which is an Item Definition and "Herb" which is an Item Category, how do I select which Herbs from the players inventory the crafting processor uses? It automatically selects herbs and it works fine, but I'd like to have the Ingredient Item View for Category ingredients to be a dropdown where the player can choose which herb to use.

There are so many ways to make a crafting system that we are not able to make a crafting UI that allows all possibilities. So we chose to make a crafting system that is extensible with a UI that allows simple crafting.

For more complicated crafting setups you must create your own Crafting Menu either by inheriting ours and overriding functionality, or preferably creating your own from scratch by inspiring yourself with the one we made. You have access to the source code and its all commented so you should be able to get a good understanding of how it works.

The crafting processor is the one that takes in the ingredients and creates the new item. It has a function to automatically find valid ingredients (which is what we use in our crafting menu), but you can feed it a list of ingredients yourself.
So in your custom crafting UI you would need to make something a bit more complicated where you read the recipe and change how the items are added, manual or automatic depending if it is a item definition ot item category.

I hope that makes sense