Save preset of character

Haytam95

Hi

After a while working on my game, I've managed to create a nice settings for every playable character: List of abilities, states and so on:

Is there a way to save all the components of the character, to reuse in other character? (I'm thinking maybe, like a prefab of components).

I thought about making an empty gameobject that holds every UCC component and add it to the character model but doesn't worked good

Last edited:
You should be able to just create a prefab from your character and use that as a base for all your other characters. Are you having some issue with using prefabs?

Hi Andrew, thanks for you replying.

Yes I've created a prefab of my character (At this time I've two different models), I don't know how to switch between theese models by mantaining the same components in both of them (And without having to re-create all the different controllable character as new).

1593438220209.png

Here is my other character, what would be the correct method to reuse the same UCC components in this case and keep them sync? (So if I change something in one, then the other keeps the same configuration)

1593438335377.png

That configuration is for the controllable character, all of them will have the same Animator, same running speed, abilities, and so on.

Oh, alright. I' thought that the gameobject with the mesh was at UCC component level, but no. The models are in children gameobjects.

So, If I create a prefab as you said and then create prefab variants and change the internal gameobjects it should work. Right?

Thanks Andrew

Just tested what you suggested, worked like a charm (also I think everybody should do this!!!)

I'm marking my question as resolved, thanks again @Andrew