Save data corrupts

Shanmukh

after making some changes, and saving data, all the data is corrupted. item definitions are reassigned to other categories.
so I delete data and start again. but my game players got that the problem after updating my game. how to fix that issue.

Someone else complained about this issue and found it was related to his git version control for some reason.
We still haven't figured out why it happens or how to fix it.

This is the post from that other user:

thank you. I hope finding a solution will not take too much time. if more players get that problem. then my game rating will be down.

I am using for android. and I activated "Split application binary", IL2CPP.

I take the saved file from the player who gets the problem. and analyze, problems that are
1. some of the items from inventory are removed.
2. item definition attributes values are changed.

currently, I got the problem in item definition attributes in-shop inventory. I attached the inventory saver script to shop inventory.
and item definition attributes are changed in the same category items and same parent item definition.

Last edited:
I wasn't able to reproduce this issue... so I'm not sure how to fix it. As you can see in the other post I linked above, the other user hasn't experienced this issue anymore for awhile.
If you are able to reproduce this issue consistantly please send me a project with clear steps to reproduce it. This way I can try to debug it somehow.

Also just of curiosity, when are you loading the save data? Could you try loading it before calling awake for your Inventories? I wonder if that could help prevent this from happening