Rotation moves the character in depth axis in Pseudo 3D

japerales

Hello there!

I'm having some issues with keeping my character along the XY plane with global z=0 in Pseudo 3D view/Movement Type trying to get a pure 2D style movement. Right now Im using Nolan. I noticed that turn the character makes it move a little in the global z axis, even when Allow Depth movement is disabled. I understand that the character moves when turn with a low turn speed so it makes the character displace in global z axis a little and when I increase the speed motor rotation speed, the character z-offset when I turn him is decreased, but even with that, it happens a little, but I dont really want that turn speed so I dont consider that a proper solution. Even using a linear Path component along x axis to keep character in track, ends with the character z-offseted after turn it a bunch of times.

Thanks.

Last edited:
You could try using the Restrict Position ability to restrict the character's movement along the Z axis.

Also, if you're using root motion/rotation on your character, it may be the case that the default Nolan turning animations end up moving the character slightly.