Ride Ability position error

aledg

I've implemented the ride Ability. It work without big error but I've two issues to solve.

1) The first is the relative position of the character... how can I correct the position on the saddle of the character now it is in part inside the saddle of the horse ... (attach rider_position_error.jpg)

2) When the character enters the collider, the ability is correctly detected, but if the character is not perfectly aligned with the horse it does not mount on the horse and gets stuck in the starting position. It is no longer possible to regain control of the character and I have to restart the scene ...
(attach onmount_error.jpg)

Attachments

• rider_position_error.jpg
    rider_position_error.jpg
    310.1 KB · Views: 11
  • onmount_error.jpg
    onmount_error.jpg
    381.7 KB · Views: 11
1. The mounting animation uses root motion so that's likely the cause of this error. The mount animations weren't created with your character's rig so there will likely be some positional differences. If you use your own animations for mounting (with root motion) then it should be positioned correctly.

2. On the Ability Start Location try adjusting the position and angle that the ability starts at. My guess is that these values are too small which is preventing the mount from starting.

Unfortunately I continue to have problems with the correct character positioning.
I tried to set the animation (for example RideIdle)

Root Motion Node = Rig / Root / Org-Hips (an other)

But as you can also see from the figure my character is always rotated 90 degrees ... and in any case in the wrong position ...
Schermata 2019-12-20 alle 12.32.38 AM.png

in Root Motion Node mode = none
changing the Y offset I adjusted the height but it remains off-center laterally and I can't set offset on XZ

Schermata 2019-12-20 alle 12.37.23 AM.png

How can I solve?

The ride idle animation is not designed for a different root motion node. Because your character's proportions are different from the included animations you'll need to use an animation that is designed for your character's rig.