Rewired

fx10fn

Hello, allow me to chime in. I got problem with Rewired integration for Behavior Designer after I upgraded my Unity to 2019.1. It was working previously when I was running Unity 2018.3, but now looks like those Rewired Tasks could not be found any more in Behavior Designer Tasks panel, and the demo scene included in the Rewired integration package shows unknown Rewired tasks:

I tried deleting and re-importing both Behavior Designer and Rewired as well as re-installation of the Rewired integration package, but it just still not working.
I tested on both Behavior Designer and Rewired, they work well independently. So I'm not sure whether it is the problem of the integration package or not.

Btw, I use the latest version of all the programs I believe:
Unity 2019.1.1f1
Behavior Designer 1.6.2
Rewired 1.1.25.2

Any idea on what I can try?
Thanks in advance for any help.

It doesn't look like you have the Rewired integration tasks imported:

Well, not sure if you mean the same thing but I'm pretty sure I've imported the Rewired integration package (downloaded from this website), actually the screenshot is from the demo scene of Rewired integration package after imported. Assets/Behavior Designer/Integrations/Rewired is where the integration is imported as you may see from screenshot below:

I tried a couple of more times with different tries:
- reimport all assets (not work)
- create a new project with unity 2019.1 and try with the new (not work either)

I found that unity 2019.1 not working well with behavior designer in some ways:
1. I first create a brand new project with unity 2019.1 and imported some of task scripts I wrote previously.
2. Then imported behavior designer - OK
3. At this point in time, compiler complained couple of errors:
**cannot derive from sealed type 'Action'
**OnAwake()': no suitable method found to override
My scripts were working with unity 2018.3, so seems behavior designer couldn't compile in 2019.1.
4. I suddenly realize I missed running the runtime source code as I'm using Windows, so I was about to do that
5. After imported the BehaviorDesignerRuntimeSource.package and I found only RuntimeSource_Unity_2017_3 and RuntimeSource_Unity_2018_3 there.
6. I'm not sure whether unity 2019.1 needs an updated runtime source or not, but I tried running RuntimeSource_Unity_2018_3 in my 2019.1 project (I deleted previous Editor and Runtime subfolders before importing the runtime source as per doc).
For now, it didn't improve, errors are the same, with some additional info/warning:

**Rebuilding Library because the asset database could not be found!
**Overriding existing asset with new GUID from package, this may break links within your project to package assets (Assets/Behavior Designer/Editor/BehaviorDesigner.Editor.dll)

I'm sure unity 2018 was working with both, unluckily, I probably could not go back to unity 2018 anymore as the Rewired package has been upgraded to cater for unity 2019 (no longer suitable for 2018 as I tried). I don't know how to download/import a lower version of an asset.

It's weird but it looks like the cause of my task scripts couldn't compile is the issue with the namespace, if change the namespace name, it compiles.

This is only for classes inheriting Action under the specified namespace, classes inheriting Conditional are well.

It's weird but it looks like the cause of my task scripts couldn't compile is the issue with the namespace, if change the namespace name, it compiles.

This is only for classes inheriting Action under the specified namespace, classes inheriting Conditional are well.

Ah, I got this out, it's my fault that I used "Action" elsewhere under the same namespace which conflicted with the behavior designer one.