Rewired Integration Problems

adamnorton

Trying to follow the instructions, but they don't seem to work., They don't seem to be correct anymore. :(

I think I have gotten everything configured but now I get.
"Rewired: The Action "Fire3" does not exist. You can create Actions in the editor."

I can add it but it does nothing.
I cannot turn, shoot or anything in any mode. Just walk back and forth and "strafe" No matter what.
Walk over a pick up, and the Nolan character picks it up fine, even equips it.

Have no clue on where to go from here. This is not as out of the box for me as I had hoped, and I am not sure on how to proceed.
I have not even added UMA 2 yet. :/

I really just need a good setup to start learning this system.

Thanks

Last edited:
Hmm, that error looks like it's coming from Rewired - I'd ask the Rewired developer for support. I'm by no means a Rewired expert :)

the reply "
The error is not being caused by Rewired, it's being caused by the code trying to query an Action that was never defined in the Rewired Input Manager. The code is calling a non-existent Action and Rewired is telling you that it doesn't exist.

Create the Action and map it to something if you need it. which is fine, what do I need to search on to find where UCC would call Action "Fire3"
"

I really don't mind doing the work, I just don't know the system well enough yet to know where to start.

Fire3 is used by the RPG Movement Type. You can access this by clicking on the character then go to the Ultimate Character Locomotion component and selecting the RPG Movement Ty;e. The Rotate Input Name field uses this.

I'm having an issue with the Rewired Touch Controls. I can get the character to move around with one joystick but when I add another joystick for the look. That look joystick doesn't work.

I would ask the Rewired developer. From the character controller's perspective as long as you map the joystick to Mouse X/Y it'll work.

I'm guessing that you don't have a older version of the Rewired integration unity package for UCC 2.2.6?

Unfortunately I don't have older integrations and I have tried Rewired with the latest version. The Mouse X/Y is called from GetAxis so you could try starting to debug it from there.

I figured out my initial problem. The "Disable Mouse Input When Enabled" setting was disabled. That's what was creating the issue where it wouldn't control correctly. Once I enabled that setting the Touch Controls was working correctly. Posting this so if anyone else coming across this issue they know what to do.

Capture.PNG