Request Tutorial on Animator

MissBig

Hi, I have been trying to understand the animator that comes with this asset. I am using first-person arms that come with a walk and a run and I want to add these movements to the first person arms animator but when I have it hasn't worked out. I was looking at the demo animator on how to do this but it doesn't just say 1 movement set ID it has 3 which is 0, 1, and 2. So can we get a tutorial on how to do this, please? I don't want my arms to just have an idle while walking or running I want them to have a walking animation and a running animation while walking and running.

I have actually alread created a video on this, just waiting for 2.2 to release it :)

New video is up!

Thank you for a new video explaining the animator parameters but if you are just using the controller without full body awareness and using first-person arms that have just a walk and a run animation how would I do this. I did get the aim Idle and aim movement working with the run and walk but I am having trouble getting the normal movement working when you don't use aim.

The first person animator is the same as what is described in that video. If you don't use a full body then you should disable root motion on the Ultimate Character Locomotion component.

Is there anymore videos that go more in detail on how to use the animator controller to add our own punches kicks?

There isn't a video which specifically talks about replacing the animations for punching and kicking but the concept is the same as replacing any of the other animations. As mentioned in the Animator Structure video I highly recommend designing your own animator since the demo scene animator has a lot going on.

That is more of a general Unity question and this page has some useful resources:

That is more of a general Unity question and this page has some useful resources:

I am having a similar problem. I think while creating an animator is a general unity question indeed, more clarification is needed because it is not as simple as creating an animator with whatever transitions you want. This animator needs to work with UCC, which means working with all your parameters and inputs.

The linked doc describes how easy it is to simply replace animations in the demo controller, however as mentioned multiple times by your team, that is not recommended at all.

It would be very very helpful to have an overview of how to create a new animator controller that actually works. This is easy for third person perspectives as you can just kinda copy the demo controller, using the appropriate parameters to change values etc. The problems arise when trying to also match the first person arms to the animations.

I've watched the whole anim structure video three times now, and it does provide a good overview of the demo controller, but really offers no insight on editing this for your own purposes, or how to ensure that first person perspectives match. I think to sum this up perfectly, we want to see the workflow for adding a new animation, matching that to first person, etc.

A tutorial that is not just an overview of the asset, but rather how to use the asset separate from the demo, would be very much appreciated.

If I'm already using the democontroller (animator) can I switch to my own now? And I guess I'm able to copy what I need and use same parameter as it is now?