[Request]: Please bring light to the integrations jungle

leissler

Hi,
I find the integrations jungle still quite confusing. E.g. when I am at the downloads page for UIS, it shows quite a number of downloads: https://opsive.com/downloads/?pid=22330
However, When filtering for "Integrations", I get only InControl and EasyTouch. When filtering for "Runtime Sources" and "Samples" there is nothing. So if all these files are neither Samples nor Runtime Sources nor Integrations, then what are they?
That's just an example. Another one: According to the downloads pages there seem to be integrations BD->UCC and BD->UIS and UCC->UIS, which seems even cyclic (which I'm sure they aren't).

I know it's all there somewhere, but it's utterly distributed across several documentation pages.
The integration of Opsive products with other well-known assets is so important that I think it deserves its own central area of interest on the website/documentation.
I would, therefore, like to request a kind of Integrations-Page or Documentation, where the jungle is explained. E.g. with tables or diagrams and that also links to the documentation of those integrations but also with some short overview text of what it actually integrates.

Such a thing would be extremely valuable to the community, as we would have a one-stop place to get an overview of what to integrate for which use case.

As the number of products and integrations have grown the integrations page hasn't kept up. I agree that it could be designed better for the current setup. Right now we do not have a contract with our web development company but we likely will start one up again next year. I have added this to the list of things to improve.

Wait, there is a central integrations page? I could only find an integrations section in the documentation of each of the products.
Could you point me to it?

There isn't a central integrations page, just one for each product. The docs point you to the integrations page for each product.

That is a good idea, but right now we don't have an active contract with our web development company. It'll probably be next year until we do a refresh.