[Request] Dynamic node attributes

Gall

Task attributes are static. It could be very useful to update their values e.g. when a field changes. This can allow users to know the details of a node without clicking it - e.g. a Repeater can rename it self as "Repeat 3 times" or "Repeat Forever" depending on its properties. Or the icon can change to go show an infinity icon, etc.

It's a small thing to skip the step of clicking a node, but I've noticed that it quickly adds up when you have lots of behaviors or if you're trying to visually debug them.

Maybe something like

C#:
[TaskNameDynamic("SomeMethodOrField")]

Would change the task's name by evaluating the task object's
C#:
this.SomeMethodOrField
whenever redrawing is necessary.

Have you used the watched fields? This allows you to show the field value to the side of the node and is really similar to what you are proposing.

Have you used the watched fields? This allows you to show the field value to the side of the node and is really similar to what you are proposing.

Don't think I'm familiar with watched fields, that's a Behavior Designer feature? I can't seem to find info about them, do you have a link?

It's described on this page:

To the left of the variable you can click on the magnifying glass to watch it change on the node.