Realistic Car Controller by Bonecracker Games

RedHawk

https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/tools/physics/realistic-car-controller-16296

As an FYI, I'm nearly done with the integration. I'm stuck on keeping the vehicle from flying into space after I exit. Something is happening with turning the colliders back on. Just thought I'd share where I am. The integration is nearly identical to the Edy's one except I grab all UCC colliders and toggle them off (in vehicle) / on (not in vehicle).

Not perfect - but this is the current state:

NOTE: Edit Project Settings - Physics: Deselect SubCharacter on the RCC line.

Last edited:
Hi @RedHawk,

Any luck finishing up this integration? If not, can you share your latest code? I do see the latest update for Edy's, but if there is a difference, I would appreciate the details. Thank you!

I'm close, but I haven't figured out how to stop the RCC vehicle from flying through the air, EVEN with my changes that I did with Edy's... so... not sure on when. Basically, as soon as I enter the vehicle (like with Edy's) the RCC vehicle goes crazy and flies off. So, gotta figure out why it's doing that. :)

@cl40 I think I have it figured out. I had to change the Layer preferences so that RCC ignores SubCharacter. Anyways, there's more to it then that but it seems to be working very close to what I'd prefer. You can't "ride" on a vehicle that is moving, but ...

@RedHawk -> I added the scripts and it works great! Thank you! I used the instructions from your Edy's Vehicle Physics post to get everything set correctly.