RCC V3

Mattis

Hello!

* I can´t find where to toggle "should the car continue driving when I get out" ?
*I manage to get "equip weapon when driving" working , but how to get the shooting part working, and also aiming forward and change the hand to left hand ? Now it aims at the RCC camera and he holds the weapon with both hands but still playing turn wheel animation?
*In drive ability I tried to add a state FixedUpdateUltimateCharacterLocomotion, but It says its wrong, it need to be on update rather then on fixed, how to do this the real way?

* I can´t find where to toggle "should the car continue driving when I get out" ?
There isn't an option for this - this is related to this item:

*I manage to get "equip weapon when driving" working , but how to get the shooting part working, and also aiming forward and change the hand to left hand ? Now it aims at the RCC camera and he holds the weapon with both hands but still playing turn wheel animation?
The demo animator isn't setup for driving while shooting so you'll need to modify the animator to support it.

*In drive ability I tried to add a state FixedUpdateUltimateCharacterLocomotion, but It says its wrong, it need to be on update rather then on fixed, how to do this the real way?
Make sure you add it to the Ultimate Character Locomotion component and not the Drive ability.

The car stopping is on the RCC side of things. I'd ask that developer for a feature request to decide what the car should do when the component has been disabled.

Hey Mattis & Justin :)
In the RCC Drive Source script, if you change the line :

m_CarController.enabled = true; (around line 69)
to
m_CarController.canControl = enable;

He can only drive the car when he is in it, and when you get out, the car slams on it's brakes.

Unsure if Justin will see this, but I have been working on the RCC integration as well, I have the demo scene working fine but I can't get the integration to work with any of the other cars, I have tried putting the drive source script in many places, and same with the Object identifier script.
I can get in and out of the provided yellow bmw car with Nolan and my own character, I just can't create my own cars lol :/

Hi!
Amazing thanks!
Completely in shock it was that easy and no one else have figured it out...

To use on any car, just set it up RCC way, and then just add the drive source script on the car, and make a move towards gameobject on the car.. just copy the most from the demo scene, easiest , then you learning at the same time..

I can't figure it out still, I have tried to use the Coupe model demo RCC car, I have added the RCCDriveSource to the vehicle, I have added the move towards script to the vehicle, and I have added the object identifier to the vehicle. I am almost certain that the player is not detecting the vehicle via charactercast, so I changed it to trigger and it still does not work.

On the demo car provided however, it works with charactercast and trigger

Be sure to have the drive ability between first and third place in the ability list. you can drag them.

Attachments

• drive settings.png
    drive settings.png
    55.1 KB · Views: 28
  • move towards setting.png
    move towards setting.png
    40.4 KB · Views: 26
  • car settings.png
    car settings.png
    59.7 KB · Views: 24
Thanks for that mate, but it has to be something to do with the car as my character can enter the demo car provided in the demo scene.
My custom character can get in and out of the yellow car just fine.

Still lost haha I have no idea, I've made my cars the same as yours, even created the Get Out Pos object and the MoveTowards objects, and restructured the cars gameobject to be as similar to yours as I could.

I was wondering if it was some of my physics collision layers in the build options, because I made RCC and Character and SubCharacter not be able to collide, but it can't be that because the yellow car that Justin has set up works fine :p

I'm just soooo confused lmao

Yea man , don't know, can't help you anymore??‍♂️ I also have Rcc and character layer to not collide so. Try another car.