Randomly demanding "There is no look source attached to the character."

BJPickles

This was all working absolutely fine before. In fact it's been working fine for months.
Now all of a sudden it's demanding I attach a look source when there clearly is a look source! :(

1618008645242.png

Quick stuff:

1. TPC
2. Unity 2019.4.12f1
3. This has only started happening literally after the ViewID error was happening.
4. This only occurs on new characters made, my former 30 characters work fine.
5. Everything works fine in singleplayer.

I've tried creating characters as unpacked prefabs and as prefabs etc. Nothing changes the outcome of getting the "look source is missing" error.

Last edited:
What change did you make which started to cause this error?

That error can mean one of two things:
- The remote look source (PunLookSource) hasn't been attached to the remote character.
- The CameraController hasn't bee attached to the player.

I will add some more details to the log so it'll be easier to determine which character is causing the problem.

I updated from UTPM to TPC. Been happening since on every character.

- remove PUN
- remove opsive
- import new TPC / opsive
- import new pun
- inport new opsive pun

As you can see from the screenshot the pun look source is on the character, so I don't think it's that.

The camera is acting fine and works normally even with the error so not sure about that either.

Very randomly it'll be fine with no error.

I use the CustomSpawnManager that was released on the forums to select different characters, but it works absolutely fine.

I forgot about my previous posts. Seems I have had this issue before - I'm going to try fully reinstalling PUN and Opsive and report back.

Every character created also had a look source error.
Unfortunately the only way to fix that was to delete the project and start again.
That is not something that is possible this time around as there has been too much time and effort put into the particular project! ?

It could be there was an issue on upgrading from UTPM to TPC.